Your new-born baby will give you great emotional satisfaction. Looking after your baby is joyful yet tiring! Your body will go through many changes during pregnancy and it will take a while to return to its pre-pregnancy condition. Also, you may not be experienced or having the confidence in taking care of a new-born baby, particularly for a first-time mother.
You will need someone with post-natal care experience in your house to help out in the first month after delivery – the confinement period. A confinement nanny will be able to help you with infant care.
A confinement nanny is usually between 45 and 55 year’s old and experienced in taking care of a new mother and new-born baby.
Stay in Nanny’s duties :
- 24 hours baby care
- Cook confinement food
- Do laundry for mother and baby
- Advise on the DOs and DON’Ts during confinement period
- Help out with simple household chores
- Groceries shopping if necessary
- Do laundry and cook for the rest of family members if necessary